Lymphatic Drainage is only available at our Applewood studio
Lymphatic Drainage (LDM):
A very light touch modality, working with your lymphatic flow to decrease swelling and flush toxins. Most sessions are done entirely face up with focused treatment to the neck and torso.
When do people get LDM?
- Post surgery to decrease swelling and bruising, diminish scarring, and flush toxins introduced by anesthesia, antibiotics, and/or pain meds.
- Experiencing edema, often characterized by overall puffiness and sensitive nerves.
- Ongoing digestive issues. Treating the digestive system requires focused treatment beyond what is done in a standard LDM so we recommend a 75 minute session in this instance.
- To support the immune system. It is important to note that if a person is already dealing with a mild illness LDM will usually intensify symptoms as it increases the flushing of toxins and white blood cell distribution.
- Intense menstrual cycles and/or sleeplessness. Since LDM helps regulate hormone distribution it can positively affect both of these things.
- Lymph node removal resulting in chronic moderate lymphedema.
When shouldn’t I get lymphatic drainage?
- During an infection, sunburn, rash, fever, blood clots, or an entire extremely swollen limb (this can cause other severe medical conditions, requiring more specialized, emergent medical treatment).
- Those that have had a Brazilian Butt Lift.
- If you have been drinking heavily the night before or are dehydrated LDM will ineffective.
- It feels like my LMT is barely touching me; what are they actually doing?
- Your lymphatic flow is very subtle and lies close to the surface of the skin, so it requires a very light touch. Your LMT is feeling and following the rate and direction of your lymphatic flow. This addresses any sluggish areas and improves flow patterns.
- How will getting LDM affect me?
- Inflammation and water retention will decrease which may result in increased energy levels. Alternatively, some may experience fatigue after a session. LDM commonly causes increased urination as the body flushes more fluids from the tissues. Overall, it is deeply relaxing and soothing to the parasympathetic nervous system.